Prelude to 6.04: Trust
Original TwoP air date 7.12.2006
OK, thanks for coming everyone.
It's great that you two finished your script so quickly!
Actually we wanted to discuss some minor changes to "Loyalty" which will help get the ball rolling for our episode.
You mean I cancelled my nude cook-out for a re-write meeting?
Erica I'm sure your guests will be happy to come another time.
You guys serve steak?
Yeah, want to come next time?
Uh. Do you have to be naked?
Yup.
What kind of steak?
Porterhouse.
I'm there.
Um, Kristen, what do you mean by minor? Is this Al & Miles "minor" or is it actually minor. Tom and I worked really hard on "Loyalty".
I think you'll find it very minor. It's really only additions. We want to add a couple of seconds to one scene and then have a musical montage at the end of the episode.
Kind of like the funeral scene in "Reckoning".
[Skeptical -- gives TW a look of "this is what happens when we don't have a guy working on the script"] You want a music video at the end?
Well...
Kristen, I warned you to lay off the fan vids.
Michael, can you hear us out before jumping to conclusions?
[Unconvinced] Sure, whatever.
In the scene with Lionel and Martha we want Lionel to make a pass at Martha.
I'm liking these changes already!
At first Martha is receptive and they kiss passionately but she finally pushes him away.
Does Clark see them kissing?
We don't want viewers to see him watching. It's OK if we find out he knows later but we don't want that being one of the things on his mind for the montage. [excited, and apprehensive] Now please don't say anything until we've finished laying out the scene.
The scene will be to Elton John's "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word"
[Makes a face like he's in pain] I hate it already.
[Angry] Shhh...
Hold your comments, Michael.
All the scenes need to be pretty dark.
[singing] "What have I got to do to make you love me" [When AoT begins singing the rest of the cast collectively smile and exchange glances of "can you believe this?"]
There's a storm coming, Lana is at the Luthor mansion and stumbles on the brief Lex handed out to the meteor freaks.
"What have I got to do to make you care"
At first she's just concerned but when she comes across photos of Clark and Chloe in the packet she tears up and starts looking really freaked out.
"What do I do when lightning strikes me"
Cut to Martha's bedroom. She's sleeping and we see lightning light up the room. She bolts up, wide awake.
"And I wake to find that you’re not there"
She looks over to Jonathon’s side of the bed and touches it with her hand. She begins crying.
"What do I do to make you want me"
Cut to Chloe in her dorm room. She's crying while looking at a framed picture of her and Clark at the dance.
"What have I got to do to be heard"
She hugs the picture to her chest and looks up at the ceiling and then closes her eyes.
"What do I say when its all over"
Cut to the barn. Clark is just staring into space.
"And sorry seems to be the hardest word"
Pan down to show a picture of Clark and Chloe smiling in front of the leaning tower of Pisa. He drops the photo.
"Its sad, so sad"
Cut back to Luthor mansion. Lex walks in to find the documents Lana found spread all over the floor. He finds a note from Lana.
"Its a sad, sad situation"
Cut to Lionel's office. He's drinking scotch and looking at a photo of Martha and Lois.
"And its getting more and more absurd"
Cut to a rainy back alley. Hank is being chased by a couple of goons. They shoot him in the back and he falls dead in the gutter.
"Its sad, so sad"
Cut back to the Luthor mansion. Lex is sitting in his office head in hands. He seems totally defeated.
"Why can't we talk it over"
Pan to Lana's note on the floor at his feet.
"Oh it seems to me that sorry seems to be the hardest word"
The note gets caught in a draft and flies into the fire place, bursting into flame. Go to black. [No one says anything for a second or two]
Well I can't speak for everyone but I know I'm quite impressed.
[Grins from ear to ear]
Annette, I had not idea you were such a talented singer! [KK's smile instantly disappears] I'd much prefer a nice little aria, but if Elton John is what the kids are listening to these days so be it!
I may not know what the kids are listening to these days but I can guarantee you it's not Elton John.
Except for really little kids. He did the sound track for Disney's...
[Impatiently waving TW off] What did you think of it overall?
Why wasn't Lois in it?
She's in the picture with Martha.
[rolls her eye] Well, whoopdie freaking' do! I cancelled my cook out so I could hear about Lois being in a picture for two seconds? You two suck!
Michael, are you crying?
Yes, I am.
[smiles] I'm glad somebody was touched by our little scene!
You know, if it wasn't for this show I could have hair?
[frowns again]
I could be the lead in a Justice League spin off for the Flash?
[Ignoring MR] Seriously, what do you guys think?
Lionel gets a little action with Martha and is responsible for the cold blooded murder of a screw up lackey. What's not to like?
They're just throwing you some bones so you'll agree to a sentimental crap fest. Hold the line, man, hold the line!
[Leans back into his chair and sighs] What can I say. I'm easily bought off.
Michael is just afraid Lex is going to kiss Lana's ass so she'll forgive him for not letting her in on the whole Level 33.1 thing.
[Gives AM a look of "don't say another word"]
[Triumphant] Michael is very perceptive.
I just want to warn everyone up front that this better be it for Elton John. If Clark and Lana get paired up to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" I can't hold myself responsible if someone gets choked to death.
Previous (Loyalty)
Next (Michael's Brainstorm)

No comments:
Post a Comment